Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FOOTPRINTS

Where have you been?  What have you done?  How many lives have you changed or impacted during your brief history on earth?  I recently had the opportunity to spend 4 days in Washington DC on a guided tour.  And if the truth be told, I really wasn't as attentive as I should have been, but when I did tune in, I was able to learn some very valuable information about the individuals  and incidents that impacted and shaped our country.  When I looked at the many monuments and the names that were inscribed on the walls, I couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like for the many generations after me to ponder the FOOTPRINTS that I've made in history.

NOW is temporary, but HISTORY is forever!  Take a few moments to ponder the FOOTPRINTS that you may be leaving behind-are they imprints in the sand or cement.  What you do today will have an effect on tomorrow.  Make a difference in the lives that you encounter and give them something meaningful to talk about.  The only thing that will matter after you are gone, it's not the day you were born and not even the day that you died, it will be that little dash ( - ) in between that will tell YOUR-STORY.    Remember, the next step you take will make its mark in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment